What You Should Know Before Selecting a Wide-angle Lens
Sony is a global company that produces camcorders, cameras, and other electronic devices and accessories. When selecting a wide-angle lens for your camcorder, there are different types available and features to consider.What is a wide-angle camcorder lens?
This style of lens has a short focal length along with a wide field of view. The camcorder can then film a larger area of a scene and is used for architecture, scenery, and other background shots. The focal length on this style is 35 mm or less.How do you select a wide-angle lens?
- Select a brand: You can select from the brand that created the Sony video recorder or a variety of other branded and unbranded lenses that are compatible with your model.
- Choose a focus type: Autofocus types have sensors that connect to the camera to adjust the focus into clarity. Manual types have a dial that allows you to adjust the focus with your hand.
- Select a focal length: Lower lengths provide a wider angle of view.
- Wide-angle: This type covers those that have a focal length 35mm or wider on a full-frame camera.
- Ultrawide-angle: This type ranges a focal length of 24mm and wider on a full-frame camera.
- Fisheye: This is a type of ultrawide-angle lens that provides a circular image due to visual distortion. The angle of view on this type is between 100 and 180 degrees.
- Glass lens: The outer component allows the light to enter and reach the sensor on the camera. The housing also contains other components that focus the lighting further.
- Mount: This component connects the unit to the body of the camera. It is designed to connect to a particular model or brand and is primarily made of metal.
- Focus ring: This dial is featured on types that have manual focuses and some auto-focus styles. By turning the dial, you can adjust the focus on the camera until the image becomes clear in the viewfinder.
A converter takes an existing lens and reduces the focal length so that the image has a wider field of view. A converter can be used when the frame doesnt use zoom. This type can be used on SLRs that are a single component.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sony.