Vasque Boots for Men
Vasque boots are geared towards individuals who are involved in outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, backpacking, and mountaineering. They are designed to withstand unfavorable weather conditions such as cold, icy, or wet climates.Which Vasque boots are made for the extreme cold?
Vasque makes a line of insulated winter boots. The extra protection is designed to act as an additional barrier from outside elements and lower temperatures. Here are some specs relating to their different styles:
- Snowblime Ultradry: This model has 200g of 3M Thinsulate insulation in addition to Ultradry waterproofing. It has a fleece collar and polyurethane-coated leather.
- Coldspark Ultradry: This piece of footwear also has the Thinsulate and Ultradry material. It has a ColdHold dual-compound PU outsole.
- Snowburban II: This alpine boot comes slightly higher on your leg than other Vasque insulated boots. It uses a Nordic Rover sole design and has a dual density EVA footbed. In addition, outsole lugs are equipped with razor siping.
- Lost 40: This boot has a removable 7mm wool felt liner and dual zone lacing. It has a Vibram Icetrek traction compound and AeroGel thermal barrier insulation.
You have a few different choices when it comes to hiking boots if you are planning on wearing something made by Vasque. They focus on including additional material that acts as a barrier between you and the outer environment. Some of the boots available for hiking include the following four selections:
- The Breeze III GTX: This shoe has Vibram Megagrip compound, all-weather waterproof protection, and a breathable upper with GORE-TEX protection. There are toe and heel ventilation ports, and the material covering the foot is made out of 2mm waterproof nubuck leather. The Breeze Low GTX does not rise as high on the ankle but has the same general construction as the other models.
- The Inhaler II: The Inhaler II is a relatively lightweight hiking boot, weighing in at 1 pound, 14 ounces. It has 1.6mm waterproof leather with GORE-TEX protection, a molded EVA midsole, and a Vibram pneumatic outsole with megagrip. The 3D mesh panels are designed to increase breathability.
- The Monolith: This boot is lightweight when compared to other Vasque boots. It has a stable sole with added cushioning. In addition, it comes with waterproof leather and abrasion resistant mesh.
Vasque has a number of boots designed for backpacking -- the Eriksson GTX, St. Elias GTX, Skywalk GTX, Saga GTX, and Sundowner GTX. Here are some details on two of the boots in their lineup:
- The Saga GTX: Fitted with a mesh upper, this backpacking shoe is lightweight and engineered for quicker movement.
- The Sundowner GTX: This backpacking shoe has GORE-TEX backing and a traditional, tanned appearance. The Sundowner also has a stiffer midsole.