TaylorMade Driver Golf Clubs
The driver is a prominent golf club on the course, and having a high-quality driver is essential, as the correct club will help you increase shot distance and accuracy. TaylorMade produces both golfing equipment and golf clubs, including the SLDR and R15 models. Their drivers vary in weight, shaft stiffness, degree of loft, and more.
What head size do TaylorMade golf clubs come in?
TaylorMade driver golf clubs are composed of a variety of materials but utilize titanium or a composite material for the head of the club. Head sizes vary in weight, ranging from 420cc to 460cc. The larger the volume, the larger the club face. Some golf club drivers with large head sizes include the M3 and M4 drivers which also incorporate TaylorMade’s Twist Face technology.
What shaft length and flexibility do you need?
The shaft length and flexibility depend on several factors, such as your physical strength and play style. Here is how these two qualities affect the club:
- Length: The length of TaylorMade models are often between 43 and 48 inches. Longer length clubs allow you to generate more speed. Shorter clubs allow for a more consistent swing.
- Flexibility: The stiffness is very important, and drivers come in options that include regular, stiff, extra stiff, ladies, senior, and more. A stiffer driver often produces a lower launch height, while a more flexible driver allows for higher shots.
Why is the degree of loft important for drivers?
The lower the angle of the club, the less height the ball will attain during flight. On the other hand, a larger angle will cause a higher ball trajectory. TaylorMade clubs with a higher loft allow for longer flight times and farther ball travel, while a lower trajectory offers more control. TaylorMade produces drivers with loft angles that range from 8.5 to 13.5 degrees. Examples of drivers with 13.5 degree angles are the TaylorMade M4 D-Type Driver and the TaylorMade M4 Driver.
What are the specifications on the TaylorMade SLDR driver?
- Center of gravity: The TaylorMade SLDR driver is designed to hold a center of gravity that is low and forward.
- Sliding weight: The SLDR utilizes a 20-gram sliding weight on the shaft of the TaylorMade clubs.
- Loft sleeve:TaylorMade SLDR drivers also incorporate a loft sleeve that is easy to adjust.
- Length: The SLDR has a long shaft length.
- Hot spot: The SLDR club face has a larger sweet spot.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by TaylorMade.