Access a Full Keyboard on the Go With a Slider Phone
A slider cell phone has features youd expect from a smartphone, including the ability to run apps and take photos. These cell phones also make use of a full QWERTY keyboard that is hidden under the standard mobile keypad until you are ready to use it.Can you use the keypad and the QWERTY keyboard?
Slider phones give you access to the devices regular keypad on the front face while keeping the full keyboard underneath this top layer. Once you slide the front of your cell phone up and away from its base, it will reveal and activate its full keyboard. The layout of your screen may change or rotate automatically to accommodate this change and give you a landscape view that you may find useful as you are typing a message. The standard keypad on top may be useful to you for making quick calls with one hand or sending short messages to friends and family. Alternatively, you may wish to use the full keyboard for tasks like:
- Sending longer text messages
- Typing out a URL in your phones browser application
- Interacting with log-in interfaces or comment boxes on the web
Yes, you may be able to find a slider cell phone that uses your preferred OS to process data and complete tasks. Some common operating systems you might find during your search include:
- Symbian - A closed-source operating system that runs on ARM processors in certain phones from Samsung, Motorola, Sony, and Nokia.
- Android - An operating system by Google that runs many touchscreen and mobile devices.
- iOS - This operating system was developed by Apple and is used in their mobile products.
All sliding mobile devices have the ability to reveal a QWERTY keyboard for your personal use. Both LG and Samsung have slider phone options. However, there are other features and broad categories you may wish to consider when choosing the cell phone to meet your needs. Some of the things you might wish to consider are:
- Storage capacity - You may want a phone with enough storage space to hold your photos, short videos, and any additional media. The storage capacity for these devices varies by model and can go up to 64 gigabytes.
- Screen size - Screens range in size from 3.9 inches to more than 5 inches.
- Camera resolution - You can choose a specific camera resolution. These accessories are available with resolutions from less than 2 megapixels to more than 15 megapixels.