Things to Know Before Buying a Scotsman Commercial Ice Machine
Whether youre ordering a cocktail at an upscale bar or a fountain drink at a convenience store, the right ice is essential. Thats why people in all types of industries use Scotsman ice machines, and buying and selling these machines can be done on eBay.What types of ice do Scotsman machines make?
The brand makes machines that produce the following types of ice:
- Cubers: These ice makers produce classic cubes, which are ideal for carbonated beverages, mixed drinks, and other applications.
- Nuggets: The nugget machines produce chewable ice, distinguished by its pellet-like shape and soft texture. Common applications range from smoothies to salad bars.
- Flakers: Flaker ice is slow to melt and soft, and its frequently used for therapeutic purposes and for retail ice displays.
When choosing a Scotsman ice machine, its important to consider its eventual location. Do you want a countertop machine, or do you want a modular ice maker? The brands options include:
- Under-counter: These machines are compact and energy efficient, and theyre designed to fit snugly beneath a counter. They usually come with the ice making equipment and the necessary ice storage space.
- Modular: Modular machines are basically boxes that contain all the essential ice making components, ranging from the compressor to the pump. They dont usually have storage space of their own, which means they need to be mounted on an ice bin or storage unit.
- Ice maker dispensers: For self-serve applications, ice maker dispensers are common. These all-in-one configurations make the ice, store the ice, and dispense the ice via a user-friendly ice chute. These dispensers often have a water dispensing feature as well.
If you are purchasing a Scotsman modular machine, you may need to buy an accompanying storage bin. This storage unit should be able to store the largest quantity of ice youll need to have at a specific time. If you run a restaurant, for example, the unit should be able to store all the ice you need for Saturday evening dinner rush.What else should I consider?
When shopping for an ice machine, you may want to consider:
- Output: Make sure your new ice machine can produce the amount of ice you need in a 24-hour period.
- Machine size: Select an ice maker that can comfortably fit in the designated space.
- Condenser type: Options include air-cooled, water-cooled, and remote air-cooled.