Royal Copenhagen China & Dinnerware for Christmas
If you are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner party, it will be worthwhile to check all the Black Friday online deals and get a set of dinnerware for your special occasion. Royal Copenhagen china dinnerware is ideal for special occasions like these. Serve those Christmas steaks and turkeys in dinner plates while you can use the soup bowl to serve the special warm fuzzy cup of soup. Trinket dishes would make for great gifts for your guests and remind them of your warm hospitality always. You can check eBay for various Thanksgiving Black Friday deals and grab the set you love.
What are the types of Royal Copenhagen china and dinnerware?
- Teapots, teacups, and saucers: Teapots made by the company range in size from 6 to 8 inches tall and 8 to 10 inches from handle to the tip of the spout. The teacups and holders coordinate in pattern with the teapots. The teacups range in size from 3 to 4 inches in diameter and height. The cup holders are about 7 inches in diameter.
- Dinner plate: The dinner dishes measure 10 to 12 inches in diameter. They may be flat or deep. Their edges may be fluted or smooth.
- Salad plate: Salad dishes measure 7.75 to 8 inches in diameter. They are designed to coordinate with the larger plates in pattern and edging style. They have a slight curve to the rim.
- Serving pieces: Finger bowls, butter and bread dishes, gravy boats, covered serving bowls, jars, dessert dishes, and pitchers are available in coordinating collections with the other dinner pieces.
- Lamps and vases: Lamp bases with themes such as sailboats or megaflora Danica designs are available. The lamp bases measure about 8.5 inches tall. The vases are also available in coordinating designs with the dining pieces. They range in size from 3 to 9 inches tall by 2.5 to 6 inches wide.
What are the features of Royal Copenhagen china and dishes?
- Fluted edges: Fluted edges refers to evenly spaced grooves around the edges of teacup holders and plates. They provide a different texture to that portion of the piece. The blue fluted design is the hallmark of this style.
- Stamped: The number, design name, and company name are stamped onto the bottom of each porcelain item.
- Hand-painted: The designs on these dishes and pieces of tableware are underglazed, hand-painted, and glazed with a clear top coat.
- Select a pattern: There are many discontinued and current production patterns of these tableware items, including Royal Copenhagen blue fluted, floral Danica, blue flower, Henriette, Saxon flower, fan, Gemina, and Gemma. Each year, there is a Christmas plate with a design that is different from the previous year's.
How do you choose Royal Copenhagen china or table pieces?
- Choose the type of piece: Select a dish for dinner or salad, a teacup, mug, teacup holders, serving piece, or vase. Choose an individual piece or a collection.
- Select a color: These pieces of tableware are available in white, blue fluted, gold, and multicolor designs. They also have full lace patterns.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Royal Copenhagen.