Penguin Mens Canvas Casual Shoes
Penguin has been designing a range of apparel since 1955, and the company currently offers more than 50 varieties of mens footwear, including canvas shoes. Mens canvas shoes can serve a variety of footwear purposes, whether youre in need of hi-tops, sneakers, boat shoes, or loafers.Why is canvas useful for shoes?
Canvas is a coarse but plain woven fabric that consists of hemp, cotton, or linen. It is a material that was initially created for sails and tents. Because the material is both strong and light, it can be used for shoes and sneakers. It can also be dyed different colors.What are the features of canvas shoes?
- Easy cleaning and maintenance: Canvas sneakers typically do not require a lot of maintenance. Before wearing them for the first time, spray your canvas sneakers with a starch or protectant spray. This will reduce the dirt, stains, and water that get on your shoes. You may also want to spray them after cleaning, or every few weeks.
- Several options: Canvas sneakers come in neutral colors like black, brown, gray, cream, and beige. They also come in high top and low top styles.
- Lightweight: The material used to construct canvas shoes is typically very thin and lightweight.
- Comfort: Canvas shoes are also designed to be comfortable, as the material moves with the shape of your foot.
- Warm weather shoes: Because canvas material lets air pass through, these shoes are designed for warm weather. Canvas shoes are also designed to keep your feet cool.
In addition to spraying your canvas shoes with a protectant before wearing them, here are some other tips to help you get the most wear out of them:
- Shape: To help your sneakers maintain their shape, be sure to utilize a cedar shoe tree when they are not being worn.
- Washing: You can spot-clean your canvas footwear with a soft cloth or a toothbrush and warm water. If needed, you can use a fabric or suede shampoo as well. Then be sure to rinse them with clean water. For heavier or more severe stains, you can toss them in the washing machine with cool or warm water and a mild detergent. Be sure to wash on a gentle cycle setting.
- Drying: Ideally, you should allow your canvas sneakers to dry at room temperature. However, if you are in a hurry, you can dry them with a hairdryer on a low-temperature setting.