Office Filing Cabinets
Filing cabinets are a great way to keep your work desk or your home office clean and organized, and they can also help you to be more productive with a well-structured setup. File cabinets can help to eliminate clutter on your desk to provide a professional workspace, and they can be used to store and keep your files in order, accessible, and, when you use a locking cabinet, secure. File cabinets come in a wide variety of styles, sizes, materials, and more, so youll have plenty of options for choosing the right one for your desk setup and file-storage needs.What types of filing cabinets are there?
There are a few different kinds of filing cabinets:Vertical: Vertical-style filing cabinets are deeper than they are wide, providing you with deep drawers and lots of storage space for files. Since these cabinets have the drawers stacked on top of one another, these models take up minimal floor space while providing plenty of room for storing your documents.
- Lateral: These file cabinets are often wide and shallow, which allows you to tuck these storage units up against the wall. These cabinets are great for smaller rooms in which a drawer cannot be extended out as far.
- Flat: Flat file cabinets have a similar look to lateral file cabinets, but these storage units incorporate shallow drawers that are well-suited to storing larger files that often lay flat in storage, such as blueprints and canvases.
- Portable: These filing cabinets are supported by a set of wheels, which allow for easy rolling over carpeted or hardwood floors. These cabinets are excellent for office use, as they can be easily moved around, and they can be stored under a desk or in an out-of-the-way corner.
The styles of drawers that you can find include:
- Full extension: Full-extension drawers are able to hold a heavy load of files, and they can be pulled completely out of the filing cabinet, allowing for easy access to your files.
- Three-quarter extension: This drawer style allows you to pull the drawer three-quarters of the way out of the cabinet, ensuring that you can access all of your files. These units can support plenty of weight since the drawer does not slide out far.
- Over extension: Some file cabinet drawers have the ability to extend out past the edge of the file cabinet, ensuring that you can easily reach all of your office files without difficulty.
You can find filing cabinets made from a variety of materials, including:
- Plastic: Plastic cabinets are lightweight, making them easy to maneuver and store around the office.
- Steel: These file cabinets are highly durable, ensuring that they do not break or bend with repeated use. These cabinets are compatible with locking systems for secure storage, as well as counterweights, which make it easy to access all of your office files.
- Aluminum: Aluminum cabinets offer many of the same benefits of steel cabinets, but this style of cabinet is slightly lighter in weight, making it easier to move around.
- Wood: Wood file cabinets are quite durable and offer various colors and finishes, allowing you to choose a storage cabinet style that fits in with the look of the office.