How to Choose a Nikon Camera Backpack
A camera bag or backpack can help you store your DSLR camera and related accessories whenever you are taking your camera with you on a shoot or on a vacation. These camera backpacks are made from an array of different materials and come with numerous features. Some of these bags come in a pouch design where only the camera can be fitted into the bag, while others come in a large design with shoulder straps.Which materials are these bags made from?
Nikon camera backpacks are made of the following materials:
- Canvas: This is a heavy, unbleached cloth that comes with a coarse texture. It is plain woven and can be made from such materials as cotton, hemp, or flax. There are several different types of canvas that these bags can be made from, including plastic canvas and duck canvas.
- Leather: This is a type of material that is made from the hides of such animals as cattle. Once the hides have been gathered, the material goes through a tanning process. There are numerous types of leather that include patent leather, bonded leather, and top-grain leather. Some of the smaller backpacks that are designed to conform around the camera are made from leather.
- Neoprene: This is a synthetic polymer that is classified as a man-made version of rubber. It is primarily used as the base for some of these camera bags and is known to have a malleable surface.
- Nylon: This is a lightweight and elastic material that is a synthetic polymer. Because of its existence as a thermoplastic, nylon can be melted into an array of different objects, fibers, and filaments. Many of these bags are comprised of blends of nylon and polyester.
- Polyester: This is a synthetic resin that is regarded as either a thermoplastic or thermoset. It can be made into a textile fiber or yarn and is commonly combined with natural materials such as cotton to create a blended material that has the characteristics of both materials. Polyester is the main material used in the making of many of these backpacks.
These camera bags are available in a multitude of colors, the primary of which include black and dark gray. A number of the additional color options that you can select include green, blue, pink, white, yellow, and purple. Some of these bags come in multiple colors with such combinations as yellow and black and beige and black. These bags can also come in camouflage patterns.What are some features available with these bags?
These camera bags can be outfitted with a large number of features, the most prominent of which include padding and accessory compartments. These accessory compartments can be located at either the exterior or interior of the bag. The compartments are mainly for storing the different lenses for your DSLR camera. Some of these bags are outfitted with shoulder straps while others come with handles. They can be equipped with multiple enclosures that include ties, buckles, and zippers. Some of these bags can also be outfitted with waist belts. The shoulder straps and interior padding are adjustable in a number of these camera bags.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nikon.