Frequent Questions About MacBook Pro A1286 Logic Boards
If you have a MacBook that needs to be repaired, these MacBook Pro logic boards fit the A1286 models that were made between 2008 and 2013. If your MacBook Pro repair project requires a new logic board or parts found on the logic board, these components may serve your needs and can be found on eBay for various affordable prices.How do you determine the correct MacBook Pro A1286 model?
In order to locate the logic board made for your specific MacBook Pro model, youll need to research the part number for the logic board that originally was included with it. Its sometimes possible to install a different logic board with the same form and configuration as the one originally in your MacBook, but youll need to carefully research any substitutions to make sure theyll fit into your MacBook Pros case properly. However, if you only need to replace individual parts on an existing logic board, a different logic board with identical parts on it can be a solution.What other parts are related to these logic boards?
There are a few new and used parts and accessories that are sometimes sold separately on eBay that match specific MacBook Pro A1286 logic boards.
- Logic board installation kits: These kits include the fasteners used to install a logic board.
- BIOS chips: Sometimes a logic board needs a new BIOS chip, which can be bought and installed separately.
- Top and bottom case: If the case of your MacBook Pro was damaged, you may need a replacement top or bottom part that matches your logic board.
The A1286 line of 15-inch MacBook Pros includes more than 20 versions that were produced between 2008 and 2013. Below is a list of the models that you might find on aftermarkets, arranged by the type of CPU that they used.
- Core 2 Duo: Sold between October 2008 and April 2010, these A1286 versions include the T9400, T9550, T9600, T9800, T9900, P8700, and P8800. These MacBooks used Intel Core 2 Duo processors with clock speeds ranging between 2.4 and 3.06 GHz.
- Core i5: Starting in April 2010, the A1286 line switched to Intel Core processors. The versions that used Core i5 processors included the I5-520M and I5-540M. They were discontinued in February 2011.
- Core i7: The versions of the A1286 Macbook Pros that used the Core i7 processor were made between April 2010 and October 2013. They include versions liked the I7-620M, I7-2860QM, and I7-3820QM.