Choosing a Keyboard Cover for Your Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Almost everyone ends up dropping some kind of mess on their laptop at some point, whether it is crumbs or a liquid. If not, dust is sure to find its way between the keys. Using a transparent protector on your computers keyboard saves you time and money because you dont have to clean it as often, repair or replace any dirty or damaged keys, or deal with a damaged laptop.
What materials are used to make a keyboard protector?
These covers can be made from different materials, depending on the manufacturer, including:
- Silicone: Silicone is a high-quality rubber material. It is low toxic and can resist low and high temperatures.
- TPU: Thermoplastic Polyurethane is a material made from a mixture of hard plastic and soft silicone. TPU is scratch and tear resistant.
What is a keyboard cover designed to protect against?
Once you fit this accessory on your Toshiba Satellite, the keyboard is designed to be protected from the following things:
- Liquids: The tight seal formed by the silicone materials create a waterproof barrier in case any liquids spill on it.
- Dirt and crumbs: The keyboard protector is designed to seal the small cracks between keys on the keyboard, so no more small pieces fall between the keys.
- Dust: Naturally forming dust sits on top of the cover for cleaning. Some versions are designed to be dustproof.
How do you put on a keyboard protector?
Proper installation of the cover is key to ensure that it protects your Toshiba Satellite keyboard completely.
- Confirm that the protector you are purchasing will fit the model of your computers keyboard.
- Clean your keyboard, especially between the keys, for a thorough cleaning before placing the keyboard protector over the keys.
- Apply the protector using glue or double-sided adhesive (sometimes provided) to prevent it from slipping and lowering efficiency during use.
- Remove the washable cover periodically to clean it. The materials prevent microbiological growth, but debris or spills can build up. You can wipe off the protector with a damp cloth and mild soap. Be sure to let it dry completely.
- After cleaning, repeat the installation process.
How long will a keyboard cover last?
Silicone is an incredibly durable material. It can last for 20 years and can withstand moderately extreme temperatures and abrasions. In the event of any damage or misfitting, be sure to replace the cover to ensure that it is protecting your laptop properly.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Toshiba.