Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Griffin Technology Phone Covers
Griffin Technology has been producing cell phone accessory products and cases for decades. If you are looking for a new case or cover for your smartphone, knowing what types, designs, and features there are can help you find something that works for you. A case provides one way you might be able to carry your mobile device with you and keep it protected at the same time.Are these cases compatible with various phones?
The company produces a variety of cases that may be compatible with one or more mobile devices. If you have a particular smartphone that you would like to pair with a case, knowing some brands or models that are compatible with them may help you narrow your search. Some brands and models Griffin Technology makes cases for include:
- Apple - Some compatible Apple models may include the iPhone 3, 4, 5, or 6.
- Google - Googles Pixel phone models may be compatible with these black cases.
- HTC - The One, Desire, M8, and M9 smartphones from HTC might work with these cases.
- Motorola - You may be able to find cases that work with Motorolas Droid 4 or Droid X devices.
- Samsung - Some cases might fit the Samsung Galaxy S series or Note smartphones.
Most covers are intended to help you carry your phone with you and to help protect against harsh impacts. Different designs attempt to accomplish these goals in various ways. Some common designs for Griffin Technologys black cases include:
- Housing - Housing cases usually cover all sides of your mobile device in a protective layer. The device is held in place by clips on the front of the accessory. It may feature a clear plastic cover on the front.
- Bumper - Black bumper cases are similar to housings but feature raised edges at the corners. These edges are designed with the intention of absorbing the impact from a fall before it can touch your smartphone. Bumpers may include a clear front screen.
- Wallet - A wallet case may be slimmer than some other types. It usually features at least one slot that is designed to hold the cards you use for everyday transactions.
If you have specific features in mind for your black cover, you may be able to find a model with some of these common elements:
- Screen protector - This is a clear layer that covers your smartphone while keeping the screen visible.
- Kickstand - This may allow you to set your smartphone on its own for hands-free media play.
- Clips and straps - These accessories may provide you with options for carrying the case with you.