Metal Wall Sculptures
Metal wall art can enhance the interior of your home, garden, or office. In some cases, metal wall art can also be light and easy to hang, making these pieces of art fun to add to your decor. Because wall art made from metal comes in a variety of sizes, shapes, designs, and finishes, you are bound to find a wall sculpture that speaks to you.What styles of metal wall sculptures are available?
When looking for sculptures made of metal, you can find pieces in a variety of styles, including:
- Contemporary: This type of wall art may be abstract or feature weakened or softened lines. Contemporary art may have rough, natural finishes or exposed elements, making the pieces interesting focal points in any room.
- Rustic or primitive: Rustic metal wall art focuses on nature and nature-inspired textures. This type of metal wall art may also have natural finishes or patinas depending on the type of metal used.
- Traditional: This type of wall art features sculptures that are made in styles that represent fauna and flora, geometric designs, or scroll designs.
- Nautical: Nautical designs for metal wall decor are also available. These sculptures are bright and painted to give a pop of color.
- Remove fingerprints: Fingerprints can accumulate on your metal wall art. To remove them, all you need is a soft, clean cloth, warm water, and mild soap. Gently washing your metal wall decor should remove traces of fingerprints.
- Dust: If your metal wall art is hung inside, you may need to gently dust the piece during your routine cleanings.
- Thorough cleaning: Over time, you will want to clean your wall art to keep it in tip-top shape. You can use white vinegar, baking soda, and water paste or salt and lime to make the metal gleam and shine again.
When you are looking for decorative wall art to hang, there are several considerations you will want to make, including:
- Size and weight: Wall art comes in a wide variety of sizes. The weight of the wall sculpture may also be an important consideration to make, especially since you will need to mount the sculpture on the wall.
- Design: Whether you want an abstract design, metal wall art that resembles your favorite animals, or a geometric design, the wall art that you choose should enhance or blend well with your interior design.
- Materials: Wall art can be made from many different types of metals, including iron, brass, copper, and stainless steel among others. Each of the different metals can result in a different color or finish.
- Creator: In some cases, you may want to find wall decor made of metal that was designed by a famous artist.