There is a wide variety of chainsaws available on the market. Your choice will primarily be determined by the size of the wood you want to work on and the area of operation.
What types of chainsaws are available?
There are three types of chainsaws:
- Gas chainsaws
- Corded electric chainsaws
- Battery-operated cordless chainsaws
What are the chainsaw power options available?
- Gasoline-powered: These combine power and mobility. There are professional-grade chainsaws for large trees and light-duty models for smaller ones. These devices start with a pull-start and have a two-cycle engine that operates on both oil and gasoline. If you want, the fuel can be premixed. Care must be taken when looking to store a gasoline chainsaw.
- Electric: These saws are suitable for small jobs like trimming, light cutting, and pruning. This is because these activities require less power. The chainsaws are easy to start and maintain.
What features should you look for in a chainsaw?
Electric chainsaws can be:
- Cordless saws: This type offers mobility and can be used in areas that have no access to electrical outlets. You will need to recharge the batteries or carry a spare battery to switch.
- Corded saws: This one is lighter and does not require recharging or refueling. It does, however, need you to have an extension cable that will reach your work area.
- Anti-vibration features You will want a chainsaw that does not vibrate a lot. Such chainsaws are more comfortable to work with and will not tire you as fast.
- Spring-assist starting: This is going to help you reduce the force used to start the saw. This feature is quite important if you intend to get a gasoline-powered saw.
- Automatic oiler: The oiler is used to lubricate the chain as it cuts wood. If the chain is adequately oiled, cutting will be efficient and much safer.
- Chain brake: You should also look out for models that have an automatic chain brake. This helps to stop the saw when it hits something thats not normal. In some models, you have to activate the chain brake manually.
- Low-kickback bars and chains: This feature helps to reduce the risk of the saw being accidentally forced up and back.
- Tool-less chain adjustment This feature will allow you to change the tension of the chain quickly.
- Air-cleaning function: This is essential for removing the air filter and removing large debris that might reach the filter
- Carrying case: This case helps you transport the saw. The cases are designed to keep you safe as you move it around.
What is the safety equipment required when using a chainsaw?
- Chaps or cut-resistant pants: These will ensure that your legs are well protected.
- Hard hat: This will protect your head from falling debris, collision impact, and other flying objects.
- Gloves: Get gloves that have an enhanced grip surface and are cut-resistant.
- Goggles: These will keep your eyes safe from debris.
- Boots with steel toes and non-skid soles
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.