Brown dresses are perfect for so many different occasions: from work and weddings to fancy cocktail parties. There are many different styles to choose from, too, including sleeveless, floor length, maxi, mini, and cocktail dresses. If you are shopping for brown dresses, then chances are that you have many questions.
What different styles do dresses come in?
There are an endless number of styles of dresses, and they include the including:
- A-line- These dresses gather in the middle often with a strip of fabric before flaring out slightly to their bottom. They range from maxi to mini dresses, and they come with long-sleeves, with short-sleeves, or without sleeves.
- Steth- These are form-fitting dresses hanging close to the body from the shoulders.
- Trench- Similar to trench coats, these dresses have huge buttons on their front along with a belt.
- Empire-waist- Gathered just below the bust, they flare out on the bottom.
- Bodycon- Made of stretchable fabric, they hug the body very tightly.
- Kaftan- Usually having flared sleeves, these dresses are often made of flowy fabrics, and they are sometimes worn over leggings.
- Peplum- A ruffle at the waist and a narrow skirt helps set these dresses apart.
- Baby-doll- A loose-fitting skirt below a spaghetti strap tight-fitting bodice.
Women can find dresses in a variety of lengths to suit their needs or a specific occasion. The shortest are mini dresses, and they can be worn by themselves or over leggings. You might prefer tea-length dresses ending just below the knee. Brown maxi dresses end either at the floor or at the ankle. These can be a great option for casual wear. Some are formal enough to wear for a night out or to casual Fridays, too.How do you choose a dress?
Choosing a dress can become overwhelming with so many beautiful options available. Following some simple guidelines helps ensure that you end up with the right one.
- Select a style- Bodycons, A-lines, steths, kaftans, sweaters, and more are available.
- Select the right size- Dresses are available from small to extra large. Do not overlook petite and plus-size options.
- Select a desired length- Keep in mind where you are likely to wear the dress, such as the office, a restaurant, or on a date.
- Select preferred material- Chiffons, cottons, laces, suede, and knits are all available.
- Select sleeve length- Long-sleeved, short-sleeved, or something in between is available in many different styles.